Monday 13 September 2010

Seriously getting into this fitness game now, started swimming last week to add to the training. My intentions are to do it 3 times a week before work, Monday, Wednesday and Friday, so far so good. I went to the pool for the first time last Wednesday morning, I was there before 7.00 am and (much to the disgust of my sisters OCD'd mind) managed 31 lengths, Friday morning arrived the same sort of time and managed 40 lengths, (pleased Sam a little more as that is a) a round number and b) 1 kilometre.). Now this morning I went with the intention of doing 50 lengths, however when I got to that point, realising it was only another 14 lengths to get to the mile, I carried on. So I have now kind of set the benchmark of swimming a mile 3 mornings a week before work, every little helps.
This weekend is the SPAM Blast, a mountain bike event on the edge of Salisbury Plain. There are a group of us doing it, not sure on numbers as yet, however I have entered myself into the 60k event, will be fun, just got to service my bike before Sunday now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment