Monday 8 November 2010



As there is now just under six months until the off, I have added my proposed route to the Blog. It has come out somewhat shorter than expected, at just over 840 miles. The routes are all shown down the right hand side of the blog in day order, most days coming in just over the 100 mile mark. If you click on the view full tab on each map, it will take you to the Map My Ride website, where you can view the full map along with the elevation profile (the bloody hills).
I have just fitted my road bike to a Turbo Trainer for the winter months, hopefully it will be a little easier to get the miles in over the winter, without leaving the house.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck with the turbo. That is a lot more painful than doing 840 miles real cycling. If you want some company on training rides let me know. I have just got a cyclocross bike and am keen to get out
    Cheers Matt (used to be on the cheesy riders)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Matt, need all the help I can get at the minute getting out, what with all this weather. Your right the Turbo is quite mind numbing, just really using it for short sharp intervals at the minute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give me a shout whenever mate. I am out on the road bike when the weather is ok too. I reckon this challenge will be too easy for a fit boy like you. I think you should do it on a unicycle. I tell ya that first bit on the A30 will make you want to give up, its horrible. I rode down to Falmouth the other week that way and it was so grim I came back on the A39/A390 then Dartmoor to Exeter which was lovely.
    Will be good to catch up.

    ReplyDelete